Thursday 5 December 2013

Missing in action but back and improved.

Missing in action but back and improved.
Sorry it's been a while but like everything once you get used to something it's nearly certain to change causing upheaval, our store where I normally purchase my flours to make up my mix has been out of stock for the last while, so it was back to experimenting with my recipes to see if they were easily adaptable. And SUCCESS.
So here is what I am using at present:
Doves farm gluten free selfraising flour. ( I prefer this mix as it has buckwheat flour in the formula, but I'm sure the plain would work too.)
Tiana coconut flour which I can get from the health food shop. This always makes up 10%  of the total flour volume of the recipe so adding better texture and moistness.
Gluten free buckwheat flour from the health food shop. This makes up about 20 to 30% of the total flour volume of the recipe. I have done the recipes on this blog with and without adding this and both works out fine, so it's up to you preference which way you do it. Also I tend to just put in what I have of this flour ie rarely the exact same amount each time and it works, so don't give it too much worry or time.
Glutenfree  baking powder
Xanathan Gum
Doves yeast
Coconut milk, substitute the one you prefer
Pure dairy free spread sunflower is the one we prefer
Bextartar

I have also experimented with adding ground chia seeds to my bread mix with good success. I substituted 10 to 20% of the total volume of flour for the recipe.
 Hope this helps.
I will be uploaded my bread recipe, a banana bread that can be added to with choc chips or nut butters, a banana muffin with no butters used in making, a pizza recipe, scone bread and fairy cake recipe.
I will also add a gluten containing recipe for banana bread, pizza dough, brown bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment